Accept or decline?

I am 34 weeks and 6 days, I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. I had a friend of mine offer me to throw me a baby shower.I'm not sure if I should accept or not. Because this is my second pregnancy and this time I'm having a girl. She said "I'll take care of everything for you!" I kindly told her "Let me think about it and I'll be glad to let you know." She then told me "Take your time."

But she will probably plan it in early Dec, only because its after the holidays (kinda sorta) and I'll have a few more weeks till my due date. Should I accept her kind offer to throw me one or tell her "No thank you."

Not all of my family or friends know I'm expecting only because they live far away and don't have phones or computers, so she wants to surprise them and throw me a baby shower, should I accept it or no?

I feel like I should, only because they don't know and she's my best friend. I'm so confused! Help please!

I pretty sure she knows I'll be 35 weeks and that's fine, but is it normal for her wanting to throw me one again for my little girl? Only because my first baby was a boy. Help please.

Lovingmykids612

Asked by Lovingmykids612 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2012 in Pregnancy

• ..... I don't see what the issue is regardless of what gender you are having now. Is there something you're afraid of?
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 7:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Not all of my family or friends know I'm expecting only because they live far away and don't have phones or computers, so she wants to surprise them and throw me a baby shower, should I accept it or no? 

I am a bit confused about this part. If they live far away and don't have phones or a computer, then how is she going to surprise them?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• The only people who have issue with people having more than one baby shower in their lifetime are obnoxious drama queens on the internet. If you're worried about how it "looks", don't. Emily Post approves.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• She was going to send out the invites for me to all of those that don't know and surprise them with the gender with a fun game or something at the shower. That's what she wanted to do.
    Lovingmykids612

Comment by Lovingmykids612 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I'd do it. I don't have any friends that'll throw me a shower...at least, not any friends who are close and would be willing to do so.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• If you family and friends don't have computers or phones are they going to be able to afford to drive that long of a distance to you or are you going to them? If you are going to them, how far away will it be? Most doctor's don't recommend long distance travel past 34 weeks.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Accept!! I wish someone had thrown one for me!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I guess you guys are right, I should accept it. Thank you guys!
    Lovingmykids612

Comment by Lovingmykids612 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Just let her do it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I would accept:-)shes your friend and trying to do something nice.and if she didnt want to,she wouldnt.if you simply dont want to,just explain why and i think she will understand
    cook22

Answer by cook22 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2012