Ingrown hair on my head

i always get huge ingrown hairs on my head, and they hurt so bad. i am talking sometimes as big as a quarter :0(

they will come to a head and i can pop them, but it hurts!!! i wash my hair just about everyday and i don't use any funky hair products.

what causes this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• Washing your hair every day. Your hair needs some natural oil for it to be healthy. Washing it every day washes out those natural oils.
    Anonymous

• I used to have that problem and then I cut way back on my sugar. For some reason, all that sugar produced a lot of yeast which cause the hair follicles to become swollen and ingrown. I gave up sugared sodas and that seemed to be the trick. I'm not sure if it was the sugar or the carbonation, but whatever it was I haven't had an ingrown hair in 4 years.
    Nancy59

Answer by Nancy59 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009