How many of you purposely had sex on your ovulation? and did you get pregnant right after or did you have to keep on?

We have that one day that is our most fertile day..So did you get pregnant when you had sex on that day the first time or did you have to keep trying? How many days did you have sex on your ovulation before getting pregnant? I was just wondering because I did it on my ovulation day this month, but I also have hypothyroidism which could possibly make it harder to get pregnant, but then again I have normal periods and my cycle is on track so, it might NOT be hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did last night - I just wanted it.
    We weren't trying to get pregnant, and hope we aren't! But I was just following my body's cues, so if I am, I guess it was meant to be...
    Anonymous

• W/ this pregnancy I didn't know that I was ovulating, but it was right when we decided that we wanted to try for #2. We got lucky and got pregnant our first time trying. W/ my son it took us 3 months.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I used an ovulation calculator. I am well aware that there are a number of days you have to fertilize an egg in order to conceive. Not just one day like some may think.A woman's monthly cycle is measured from the first day of her menstrual period until the first day of her next period. On average, a woman's cycle normally is between 28-32 days, but some women may have much shorter cycles or much longer ones. Ovulation can be calculated by starting with the day the last menstrual period (LMP) starts or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. Most women ovulate anywhere between Day 11 - Day 21 of their cycle, counting from the first day of the LMP. This is what many refer to as the "fertile time" of a woman's cycle, because sexual intercourse during this time increases the chance of pregnancy. Ovulation can occur at various times during a cycle, and may occur on a different day each month.
    fatima_reed23

Answer by fatima_reed23 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i started to have intercourse the 4th of July knowing my highest conception day would be the 8th because sperm can stay alive 3-10 days. We had intercourse again the 6th (as it is better to have sex every other day in order to ensure the sperm is strong enough.. but after 7 days alot of the sperm is not active) we didnt plan on getting pregnant but i was fully aware what days were the best to concieve.. and i conceived July 8th 2008 so i am 33 weeks pregnant now.. and though for about 3 months we had sex during my fertile days.. there was no success until the 4th month. Keep in mind that there is only a 25% cahnce of concieving while ovulating (without assistance of drugs) but y the end of 1 yr most women trying to concieve do so within the yr unless they have medical problems.
    fatima_reed23

Answer by fatima_reed23 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• With my first child, I didn't know I was ovulating! I am pregnant right now, and we did the whole tracking my ovulation thing to see when I was fertile. I went to www.mymonthlycycles.com and I typed in all of my last periods. It told me I would be most fertile on December 4th of 2008.. We started having sex November 30th everyother day until December 6th. I guess it worked for us! Because we are currently 12 weeks along, and I am due August 27th!!!! So it only took the first time of trying! Good Luck!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• OP here. I am most fertile the 5th-10th of February. The 9th is my ovulation day for this month.

I had sex on the 5th, 9th and 10th.

On the 4th, 11th and 12th I have a possible chance because it's my "normal" fertile days.

Any other days than those I am the least fertile and have a very small chance. 

My period is due the 23rd. I keep up with all that and so far it's been very accurate.

Anonymous

• I don't think I have any medical probelms. I conceived after 6 months the first time (had a miscarriage with the first) then the second time it was 1 year and 5 months from the time I had my miscarriage.

I don't know if that's normal or not.
    Anonymous

• NO! I USE CONDOM FOR PROTECTION. USE PROTECTION IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET PREGNANT.
    __bbaaoo

Answer by __bbaaoo at 1:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i did. we did it the day before and i got pregnant right away. i had symptoms a week later but tet didn't come up positive until 2 weeks after. i tested the day my period was due mainly because my friend forced me and it came up positive before i finished peeingon the stick. lo and behold i'm holding a 3 month old right now lol
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• "NO! I USE CONDOM FOR PROTECTION. USE PROTECTION IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET PREGNANT."
    This is NOT about me NOT wanting to get pregnant. If you actually READ it.
    I was wanting to know how many people got pregnant RIGHT AWAY when they had sex on their most fertile day, Ovulation and how many didn't.
    Anonymous