Does your husband/boy friend help clean the kitchen after he cooks dinner?

My husband never helps me clean the kitchen after i cook dinner. so today he cooked and left the kitchen a mess as usual. The kitchen was clean before he started and i told him i wanted the kitchen exactly the way it is now. he said, ok.... the kitchen was left a mess!!! So today i left it a mess and he was upset with me. i ignored him and went upstairs. if you cook you clean... thats my motto!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Nov. 18, 2012 in Relationships

• I usually cook, and sometimes my boyfriend helps clean up. Actually, he does it a lot now and has ever since I got sick a year ago last September and found out I have fibromyalgia.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• My husband is good about cleaning up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• If he cooks I clean.. but normally yes
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• When I was married I was better at cleaning than cooking, so it worked out for us that I would clean up after he cooked.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• It's the opposite in our house. If DH cooks, I clean and vice versa.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Hmmm. I can spend hours cleaning the kitchen and he can spend 30 minutes cooking dinner and trash it. I gave up that battle a while ago. He is lucky he is a great cook... and I cant cook for crap! So at least I get to eat.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• If I cook, no.. unless, he needs to use a particular dish or pot for himself. If he cooks, yes.. he will do it right after he is finished serving everyones food.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I do all the cooking and all the cleaning with the exception of a few things. Sometimes he makes us pancakes (He makes the best pancakes), and he makes tea and sauces. Other than that, it's all me. I can count on two hands the number of times he has done at least some of the dishes in the almost 6 years we've been married.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• if you cook you clean?
    I thought you just said you wished he helped you after you cook?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes i did say after i cook i wish he would help me clean up.... but he never does @ lizzybee.... that would be nice but he doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2012