Would you refrain from getting married if..

if you dont have children together and if you dont want to loose your health insurance?

if we got married it would not be financially beneficial

every time people ask me why im not married yet, i have to explain this to them..

is that silly of us? or smart? because i dont seem to get socially exceptable feedback, only sometimes people understand.

what is your take?

we have been together 6 years and just want to wait 3 more years, is there something wrong with that?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 18, 2012 in Relationships

• You should get married only when you are prepared to get married, regardless of what is socially acceptable according to the people you talk to. Maybe don't tell them why you're waiting, only that you are.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• No. We are not married because he has debt and shiiit credit. You don't have to explain anything to anyone. Hell have a fake wedding if you want. Then just say you are married. I might do that.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• lol!! sounds like we are in the same boat.
    fake wedding is hillarious, ill have to think about that one
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• In this economy, you gotta do what is best for you both. If that means waiting, then do so.
    My DH and I waited 6 1/2 years, because we wanted to, and I know the questions people ask.
    Its not their life, so do whats best for you.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• You do not have to explain it to anyone, just tell them your wedding date is 3 years away.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Why is that three year important to you?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• Do what works best for you guys. Screw what anyone else thinks about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2012

• I can understand this, health insurance is really important.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• -If you made a list of the reasons why any couple got married, and another list of the reasons for their divorce, you'd have a hell of a lot of overlapping

Have you ever heard thag song by salt n' peppa? 'None of Your Business.' Don't invite other people to comment on why you do or do not do certain things in your relationship. Keep them guessing. 

MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 12:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• You owe no explanations of why you live your life as you do, and especially not to people who have no vested interest in your decisions. Some people feel that getting married is very important; some don't. I'm perfectly satisfied to be a couple without marriage for financial reasons. I don't care what anybody else thinks about it, and I don't ask for their opinions or let them give me unwanted advice. The subject isn't open for discussion, period.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2012