Blood clots-TMI

Other than saying "ask your doctor"..because I plan on doing that...
what has been your PERSONAL experience on blood clots coming from your vag

because 3 came out of me this morning about the size of a quarter.
could be stress or miscarriage, but what has been YOUR personal experience with this, if any

thanks!

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Health

• On one of my pregnancies, this is how I miscarried. I don't want to scare you though.
    Hopefully your Dr. will give you good news.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Have you recently had a miscarriage? If you have, you need to see your doc as soon as possible and get a test to make sure the pregnancy hormones in your blood are down to zero, not present at all. I had a miscarriage sixteen years ago and didn't confirm that my pregnancy hormones had zeroed out--I figured that since the clinic didn't call me, I was fine--and six weeks later I hemorrhaged badly. You might still have a few clots after your hormones have zeroed out, but if you get too many, your doctor may recommend a d&c, a procedure for dilating your cervix and removing the clots from your uterus. If you haven't recently had a miscarriae, I would schedule an exam just to make sure everything is okay.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• ... well my personal experience with those were after delivery. Size of lemons. Quarter sized is small... still not normal. Hope you can get in soon!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Mine came from cancerous tumors and resulted in hysterectomy.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2012