Is he really your best friend?

Do you feel you can sit down and tell him your soworrows, pain, happiness, etc...? If you do belive me I do envy you because in my case hes not.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Relationships

• We went thru hell and back this past summer with a family member, and my husband was my ROCK

Answer by madmueller at 10:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Yes my DH is my best friend.

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Yes, but it wasn't that way with my first husband. When I was dating my 2nd husband, I made sure our relationship would be based on friendship, and we didnt' become intimate for a long time into our relationship. It made a lot of difference. HUGS. It sucks to be with somebody you don't feel safe to be "you" around. You deserve better mama.

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes.

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Very much so.. he is my go to person for anything.. if I need to vent even if it's about him I tell him.

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I definitely can "tell him my sorrows, pain, happiness, etc." I can confide in him & I can share insecurities, hurts, doubts--be vulnerable. He is a friend, or a caring & concerned partner, in that way. And we're interested in each other--care about & prioritize our emotional experiences.
    I tend to make a distinction about "best friend." I do still have my best friend from childhood (we are not close in touch at the moment but that's a matter of life & physical distance) and I do refer to my "best friend from childhood" but if I were to compare THOSE two, my husband is more my actual "best friend" because he's more involved & I actively depend on him emotionally, our relationship is "current" & so he knows me better for who I am. But I have a couple other current close friends who really participate in knowing me as much as my husband does, and are an important part of my support system, so it's not like he's my "best" friend.

Answer by girlwithC at 11:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• No he isnt, there are things he doesnt understand so we dont talk about them.

Answer by shesliketx at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes.

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes, absolutely.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes he is! We've been together 6 years and married for 4 and we can tell each other everything.

Answer by ChrissyL90 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2012