Iud, late period, negative test!

So I have paragaurd iud and im late 6 days. I took a test and it is negative. Still no cramping .. nothing. I dont breastfead. Do you think this is normal?? Or should i contact my doctor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bump!!
    Anonymous

• I would call a doc and see what they think. I have paraguard too, it doesn't affect the outcome of pregnancy tests or anything, so chances are you are not pregnant but there may be another medical reason why your period is MIA. Missing periods is normal for Mirena IUD but not for paraguard.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You are most likely fine. Just give it another week or so and take another test but you are most likely not pregnant. Us woman always freak out over late periods I think our bodies do it on purpose to stress us out! lol
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Thanks that helps.. : ) Trying not to stress I have two kids and i was hoping that would be all.
    Anonymous

• anyone else had this happen to them?
    Anonymous

• It happened to me when I had mine. It's normal. I would often skip periods. It is still very smart to test if you don't have a period though, just to be sure. But chances are you are not pregnant.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 2:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• with the iud you will have things like this happen some people don't even get a period at all doctor should have told you all of that when they put it in
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009