We weren't trying but not trying to avoid it. lol.

What do you say when someone asks you if your pregnancy was planned? Or if your answering a survey with that question? I've ran in to this and when I reply with "We weren't trying but we wen't trying not to either." It just makes it sound like it was still unplanned and it was an "accident" or surprise. We were well aware that I could get pregnant and knew if I did it would be good, we wanted to but we weren't TRYING for anything in particular..We were just letting it happen whenever and decided not to prevent it and not to plan it but just have sex and not worry about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say it was more planned than not. JMO
    Anonymous

• It sounds accurate just the way you put it! I know a lot of people who did it that way... "well, let's just see what happens." I call mine planned because I went nuts charting my ovulation and everything, then running in to DH going "we've gotta have sex RIGHT NOW!!" LOL not that he complained!

I've never really understood the "was it planned" question anyway... I get that all the time, and I wonder how exactly it's anyone else's business? Like they expect you to say, "no, we got really drunk and now our lives are ruined!"
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• LOL koukla12905! Yea i don't think it's anyones business whether a child is planned or not. The next time someone asks me that I'm going to say "Did you plan to gain so much weight or did it just happen?" LOL! just kidding
    Anonymous

• I always get asked that question because I look so young and people think I got pregnant in high school. That's not the case. I graduated, got married, turned 18 (in that order) and then decided to have kids. Mine were planned down to the months they were conceived and born. I wanted all my kids born the same month. Now I have August babies! :)
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would go with planned. Not trying not to is almost the same as trying to get pregnant. So I would say planned.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you were really trying to avoid it, you'd be on BC. I'd say planned.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Mine were all planned. I've know some people who've said it was God's plan. One of those families have 7 kids and for a few of the pregnancies they were on birth control! lol No kidding it was God's plan! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• That's exactly what happened with my fiance and I. We didn't really plan our son and weren't trying for him, like purposely having sex to get pregnant but we weren't preventing it either. We knew we wanted a baby sometime we just didn't know when and were just letting it happen whenever it happened. We knew we'd be happy if I ended up pregnant just weren't expecting it. I'd say he was planned since we knew what could happen if we didn't try to prevent it.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 2:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Thats how our last baby came to be. We werent trying but werent not trying either. We actually planned on trying in late summer but I got my BFP in May instead.

We didnt think it would happen like that as we had hard times getting pregnant the first two times LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have 6 kids with only the youngest one being adopted. So I have had my fair share of unusual questions? When someone has asked me if one of my pregnancies was planned or a surprise, I'vealways said with a big smile on my face " I am so excited and I love being pregnant" . Which is the truth I did love being pregnant and that always seems to satisfy them. Or I've also said "babies are always a blessing" and that really lets people know their question wasn't  very appropriate .

susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 2:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009