How much do you spend per kid on christmas gifts?

This year we have spent $250 on each child

I was lucky to find a good deal and got my daughter a nintendo ds and a wii plus 5 games for $110 total

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Holidays

• I don't go by price but on more of what they want.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I don't keep track of price.

Sonata8

Answer by Sonata8 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• We just try to keep how much we have spent on each child even so no one feels that we are being unfair
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I spend more on my older kids because their "toys" are more expensive. We spend around 200 each for my 11, 12, and 15 yo's. For my 2 and 4 yo it will be around $150 each this year. Then Santa also leaves family toys - board games, wii games, new sports equipment, etc in an amount that varies from year to year.

Answer by missanc at 11:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I spent about $100 per kid this year - but that's because money's tight. In past years, I've usually spent about $200 per kid. But this year, they finally asked for things they can actually get, so they're getting what they really want. I highly doubt they'll notice there's a little less.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• We try and keep it even also but it depends on what they want, and its not so much that we spend the same Amount but that they each get the same number of items, kwim? Last year I think we spent maybe $60-80 on each, this year will probably be similar. we have 3 kids and also get one or two small things for 2 nieces and 2 nephews. Last year they all wanted the same thing (pillow pets) so it was easy but this year they don't really know what they want or its not all the same thing so its gonna be harder to keep things even and fair :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I really don't go by price, I go by what they want. I have two girls age 4&6, what I do try to do is make sure they have an equal amount of gifts. Although one of them can get lets say an expensive tablet and that add up to $200 she's not going to understand why her sister has 5 toys even though that may add up to $200 as well. Save myself the headache..
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 12:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• $5-25 depending on what we can afford that year. Last year we spent about $25 per child. I think this year it will be about $20.

(our kids are/will be 7, 5, 4, 3, and almost 1 - so I realize it will probably increase a little bit as they get older).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Mine are young I spent $150 and thats for $50 worth of clothes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I budget $30 for relatives and $50 for my kid and husband. I make gifts for friends or just send cards. It's fun to open presents on Christmas morning, but honestly everyone already has enough. I know some folk don't buy as much during the year and then make Christmas and birthdays (and other annual events) big deals and that works. But I've always been more of a "buy as we need it" kind of gal.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2012