My soon to be ex cheated and asked for a divorce.. Why is he trying to hurt me every time he can?

I avoid he like the plague, yet he keeps saying I'm always trying to get his attention. what the hell?

Ok, so he up and left me broke and ran off to act like a teenager. I had to go to court and get money. I moved on dating a great guy now. He has been a monster. What I don't get is every chance he gets he feels the need to tell me how much he doesn't care about me, and he wants a divorce (lol!! I got that point when the Divorce was asked for. I was unhappy too really but stayed for my daughter.

I mean it hurt at first but it has made me stronger. according he has tried to leave me broke and in the gutter with out 5 year old daughter.

Ohh yeah! He has to pay me Spousal Support for 3 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Relationships

• Why be with him if he just wants to hurt you all the time.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• IDK. Some people are just ass holes.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2012

• He sounds like a dick.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Because that's just what some people do. He's mad that you're not sitting around, all brokenhearted and begging him to come back. So he's trying to hurt you so he can see you all depressed and tell himself that it's because you want him back.

Don't let him get to you. I learned a long time ago the best way to piss my ex off was to ignore his pathetic games. Pretend you don't even remember what he did, calmly tell him "I know, can we get on with it?" when he tells you he wants a divorce, and ignore everything else he does.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Divorces bring out the nasty in some people, even if it's their idea. My ex still tries to get revenge on me almost 3 yrs after I filed (and 2 that we've been divorced).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Think of it as a blessing & clean his clock every chance you can.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• To make himself feel better is my guess. Guys who are like that try and feed off of others pain. As soon as you move on and don't let him bother you anymore that is what will get him. Don't let him see you hurt... you are better than that and you shouldn't take that from him. Put him in his place the next time he says something to you. Move on and say thanks for the support... spousal support that is!!  ;0)  lol

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Just remember you are a strong independent woman now, you don't need his approval nor his negativity. Hold your head up high brush your shoulders off act like a grown up and don't use your child for anything. Remember he loves her even if he's a dick but more importantly she will love him even if he sucks.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 12:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Next time he does it laugh at him and ask him why he thinks you give a damn about how he feels or what he wants.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• just ignore him and be happy with yourself
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2012