Sideways Stories From Wayside School- for a Kindergartener?

Looking for some good chapter style books to read to my 5 year old and ran across these. Can't tell if the content would be okay or not- any idea??? Is it something that might hold his interest? Want to start reading more chapter style and not only picture books all the time. Not a huge fan of Magic Treehouse- other ideas maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2012 in General Parenting

• Whenever I'm not sure about appropriate content in a book for my kids, I look through it first. If it's one you'd be buying and you don't want to buy it to find out it's not good, try Amazon's look inside feature and see if you can read enough to get an idea, or check it out from the library. Plus, this way you don't have to rely on someone else's idea of what's okay and what's not.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yes, it's perfectly appropriate. My DD and DSs loved it!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I love those books! Yes I think they would be fun to read out loud!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2012