Do at&t representative suppose to trace your calls while they are taking your call?

i paid 440 for a phone that malfunctioned. i had previous phones that just collapsed on me. they sent me a phone of my choice i only asked for a samsung and they refused it and said it was out of stock but really it was available to ship to me. the person who took my order made it look like i paid for the windows phone when i apid for samsung. i asked many questions before they submitted it. i tried to get rid of the windows since the first day. now the phone has turned off and wont come back on. come to find out the phone is on recall for that. i had this problem since july. im borrowing someone else phone with a mini sim card use. i was on the phone with a representative and i was telling him about my problem. he traced my calls including telling me about my calls and the number and how long i was on the phone. do they suppose to do this? i heard its invasion of privacy and can be traced by request only if i go missing...is verizon a good company? this story is much longer they keep wanting me to pay money

Babygurlbeauty

Asked by Babygurlbeauty at 1:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Technology

Level 5 (-696 Credits)
  • Yes, they are allowed to do that. It's no an invasion of privacy if you are disputing something in regards to your phone. They need make sure the phone really 'malfunctioned' and track down the time you said the phone messed up and your last phone calls only because there are a lot of people nowadays who will lie just to get another phone.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 1:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• they no longer can do that they use to but not anymore i called several times and this the first time that its done and the manager said she will call the guy in her office now i forgot to add the juice he called the last person i talked to which was my boyfriend he not to suppose to trace my calls the manager said thats not part of their call to do that unless your phine is lost or stolen or you in emergency situations such as missing
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Was it the very call you were on? Cell phones companies always keep a list calls you place and calls coming in. Its always been that way. I can look at a bill from 3 months ago and it will tell me every call I made and the numbers and how long I was on. For those who have phones with minutes on it, its a way to keep track. and NO verizon is NOT a good company, I was a former employee
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Sounds like you're not capable of understanding what's happening around you.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• i know they trace phone calls but when they are on the phone with you they not suppose to do it i even told him was using my friend old phone. he even called the last person i was on the phone with which was my boyfriend and i didnt know what he told me he callrd him
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• i didnt know he called my boyfriend until my boyfriend told me and he showed me they did* of course they trace calls but u go look in my phone records and call people thats a no no and i had my calls recorded. i just paid them 400 something and someone up there fucked up the order. when the phone came i had to buy sim card charger and phone case everything was wrong they keep wanting money from me and they lied on every question i asked about the phone including when they said all the samsung phones are out of stock i been with them for years and thats sad i called back and another rep reported him. she said they had a meeting about tracing calls. you cannot look into a person calls unless they ask you too...i had no clue he was doing that i even been told him i was using another phone...your calls are traced but a rep cant look at yoir calls and call people back without your knowledge
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• lost soul thats what i told him i know they trace calls but my problem has nothing to do with you tracing my calls including calling my boyfriend back i just told him i was on another phone with my sim card in it i told him my situation i called back and a at&t rep says they no longer can do that unless being requested I KNOW CALLS OR TRACED BUT THEY CANT LOOK AT YOUR DETAILS AND CAL THE PERSON BAK WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• im transferring i den paid over 400 something to them they still asking for my money even paid for upgrade
    Babygurlbeauty

Comment by Babygurlbeauty (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I would demand a supervisor
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• why did they call your BF?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2012