How do i get my 19 month old to sleep thru the night?

So every night around 12 am to 2 am My son awakes up and want to be in our bed. I would probably ride it out but i have another baby on the way. He takes a two hour nap eats mosts of his meals snacks nothing is really a problem. He is starting to throw tantrums. But for some reason he cant make it past that time. He does have a bottle that he gos to bed with and can pacify thru the night. until he is two I'm going to take it away plus potty training will also set in.How can i get him to make it thru the night?

ohmama713

Asked by ohmama713 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a bottle and put in his crib or bed, and play some music for him. My son couldn't sleep at all too, so I give him his bottle and then play so nice romantic instrumental. The he goes to sleep. Thats when I can rest.
    __bbaaoo

Answer by __bbaaoo at 1:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I went through the same thing. I just let my daughter sleep in bed with me and then I woke up and moved her to her crib.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Sometimes they just need to learn to self soothe. My son is 2 and used to avg 4-6 hours in 24 hour day! We tried liquid melatonin at bedtime which helped him go to sleep easier. Then we got a night light. Then we moved him to a play yard with a nice simmonds mattress becuz he was getting feet caught or hitting them on bars of crib which woke him. Then we gave him a big allergen free hypoallergenic pillow from jcpenney with a full pillow case that closes on the ends. Then when he would wake up we started 5 min intervals of going in there. ok ur dry, ur fed, ur just spoiled now. We finally learned that he needs to put himself to sleep in his bed otherwise he was waking up freakin out. So we started walking with him up to bed letting him walk to his bed, getting him in, hugged, kissed, dry, fed we love u night light is on goodnight. Within a week he was putting himself to sleep and only getting up avg 1/night for about 5 mins.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 2:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son has slept in his own bed through the night since he was 8 weeks old. What we do is stick to a very strict schedule. He is one now and only has one nap per day. We do bathtime at 830 or 9 every night, and then rock him with a bottle. He is asleep in about fifteen minutes and we put him in his bed. If he does wake up we just rock him back to sleep and put him back in his own bed. A would say a strict schedule, and bedtime routine, and only one nap a day, never after two in the afternoon may work. The best of luck!
    written

Answer by written at 3:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2009