Need help. Purple Deserts..

My daughter's day is purple and I need to bring in something that has to do with purple on the 24th of this month. I was thinking maybe get vanilla cake mix and put food coloring but I'm not sure if thats going to work.. and my bf suggested that I bring in grapes for 4 yrs olds. So moms if you know any recipes that have to do with purple please send them my way. I need to make 26 of them. Thanks.

Asked by Mommy2Masa1213 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can make cupcakes and use white frosting with purple food coloring.

Answer by myangel21 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Jello?

Answer by teresalangston at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Ok Purple grapes, purple juice, you can put food color in frosting and do a white cake and mix purple sprinkles in the batter it will make like purple polka dots in the cake.

Answer by teresalangston at 3:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Make a Jell-O poke cake, using blue berry and strawberry jell-o mixes. You can also use the jell-o to make a whipped cream frosting: dissolve the jell-o in a little bit of hot water. Whip cream to soft peaks, then add the liquefied jell-o. Whip to stiff peaks and use to frost the poke cake.

Answer by jespeach at 4:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Jello does have a grape flavor. You could make jello jigglers, cut into shapes with cookie cutters. I have also seen recipes for purple cow drinks. I tried to google some things and here is what I came up with:

Purple Ice Cream Recipe

Purple Puree

Answer by PSMother at 7:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• purple jello jigglers

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• sometimes its hard to find purple food coloring. so mix two parts blue and one part red
    into some vanilla icing.

Answer by bronxcouture at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There aren't a lot of purple foods and since most kids don't eat eggplant, I'd say go with cupcakes. The cupcakes in ice-cream cones are always a big hit at my son's school. You could top them with white icing and purple sprinkles or purple M & Ms or colored icing. Don't forget to take grape Kool-aid for them to drink.

Answer by the3jsandme at 2:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• well, actually i'm gonna go for the jello.. I know my daughter loves it so hopfully her classmates will.. Thanks..

Answer by Mommy2Masa1213 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2009