Sex buddies.

Can a man and women ever just be sex buddies? I'm definately not looking for a relationship and he told me that he wasn't either. It used to be, "come over" and bam sex and get out of my house, thanks. Last weekend he asked if I wanted to have dinner. I told him that I don't think so and ended things. Now he won't stop texting me and calling. The other day he even showed up at my house saying that he was sorry and that "we should talk it out".
I have since changed my number and he has not come back to my home. Is it impossible to just be sex buddies? Am I wrong to just want the sex and not a relationship? I have spent 14 years in a relationship and a young age. Now it's just my time and I like not having anyone to answer to and you know what I like being selfish for a change. Is that so wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2012 in Relationships

• It's near impossible to have a sustained "sex buddy" relationship without one or both parties having feelings that get in the way.
    If you don't want anyone to answer to and have selfish time, give up the sex and go to a sex store and invest in a good set of toys for yourself - pleasure on demand without the risk of emotional attachment
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• sex buddies never works. One or the other will always develop feelings
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I've never had sex only but I have had fwb situations that worked. One was a long term thing (18 months) where we would go out, do stuff together, and have sex - but no commitment from either of us.
    That said, it hardly ever works, usually one or the other wants more. My husband and I started out as fwb - fortunately we both wanted more!

Answer by missanc at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I'm going to have to agree with day ^^^ up there. The problem with being a human, is that unfortunately we have feelings, that's what makes us human. One, or both will at some point see that the relationship is pointless and then someone will be hurt.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• You actually changed your number? Can't you just talk to him so he gets it and then he won't bug you? I would think you owe him that much. The just sex exchange normally doesn't work out well. You are using someone and eventually feelings get out of hand. That said, if it works for you, good on ya!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Yeah that's what my dh was supose to be. It's hard to stay detached when connecting on such an intimate level. I'm sure some do better than others.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I agree with the others, sex buddies always turn out bad, only because we are human and somewhere along the line we get those feelings that attach us to the person and not just the sex......it isn't wrong of you to want this, just difficult to achieve...

Answer by older at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• I really don't think so for a short time only then it gets complicated.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• oh ya no you are not wrong you are single & mature enough to know & you moved on...at least it is YOU not being hurt you got out with the first sign of him maybe wanting more.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2012

• Feelings get in the way eventually, male or female. Maybe next time make some rules out for the friends with benefits/sex buddies.

1. sex and only sex.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2012