What is a good, safe "lovie" for a baby under 1?

Any favorites? Where can I find it?

SweetpeaAK

Asked by SweetpeaAK at 1:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got one at JCPenney's for my baby and one at Kohls. The one at JCPenney's was really nice and baby safe.
    Anonymous

• blankets, all of my kids except the baby had a blanket they were attached to. my husband says i am my little boy's lovie cause he only wants me, all the time, no matter what.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• A small blankie is good. I made my daughter's but any small blankie will work. Also, any small stuffed animal is good - under 12" full length - look for one with sewn eyes instead of plastic eyes.

A couple things to do with loveys:
    Pick one that you think she'll be OK taking to show and tell in preschool or letting little friends see. Baby pastels may look sweet now but may be embarassing when she's 4.
    Take it EVERYWHERE with you. Give it to her in the car, sit it next to her in the shopping cart, take it to the doctor, include it in games you play. That will help her bond with it.
    BUY AT LEAST TWO. Rotate them in the wash so they have the same amount of wear. If you lose one, she'll never notice and you won't have to pay $$$$ on ebay to replace it 2 years from now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009