• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

How and where can i go to leave an abusive mariage adult content

Please dont tell me to go to a shelter I dont belong in one just give me some ideas no fam, no freinds ???I need answers,

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Relationships

Answers (13)
  • Where is your family?What about extended family?
    Shelters are the safest place when fleeing an abusive marriage.
    If you have enough money you can relocate yourself to another area.
    Local church/other places of worship

    Other than those options not sure where else people end up except the place we do not want to hear someone ending up at when there are people out there to help them

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • I won't tell you to go to a shelter, and I wouldn't want to go to one either, but if you have no family and no friends, the only other option I can think of is a church?

    Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • You don't belong 6 feet under either..There is no place else to go.. This is where you will be put. A domestic violence shelter is completely different then a homeless shelter.

    Answer by MsViv at 1:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • What do you mean, you don't 'belong' in a shelter? Nobody belongs in a shelter--in a perfect world we wouldn't need shelters--but if it gets bad enough where you're at, that may be the best place to go because the people there will know how to help you safely leave your marriage.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • Do you work or have access to cash.......? Do you have a car?
    Do you have any contacts in the legal area? Do you have any friends in the rntal area. There are too many thigs that can be said but you need ti narriw the vectiras a kittke but,

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • Please go to a shelter. Ask them for advice on what to do. You need to see that they are not at all like you expect them to be.

    Tell yourself that they are people who really can understand what you've been through, who will not judge nor criticize but who will help you.

    Answer by winterglow at 2:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • If you have some money, rent out a room from someone's house. I wouldn't be ashamed to use a shelter if you need to. That's what they're there for. Church could also help you find temp housing. Or, try to find a job as a live-in nanny (free room in exchange for housekeeping/babysitting). Good luck and don't let not finding a place to go to stop you from leaving.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 2:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • P.S. Many counties/cities have programs for domestic violence "shelters" that actually set people up in hotel/motel rooms for free or for super discounted rates ($5/night). Just google "free hotel room domestic violence" and include the name of your city and state in the search. Call some shelters to ask about that.

    Answer by hellokittykat at 2:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • Also if you have children, the women's shelter may be able to arrange emergency housing. Something like section 8 until you can get on your feet. But it depends on the severity of your situation and the availability, and I think what state you're in for the services.

    Answer by skitNbearsmom at 3:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

  • First you go straight to the lawyers! This abusiveness needs to be addressed and by talking to the lawyer they can steer you in the right direction. I am sorry for you, I feel for you! My friend is going thru this and we just helped her pay the lawyer $900 to get a divorce

    Answer by madmueller at 10:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Sex buddies.

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Name change