Waldorf doll versus American Girl Doll?

Does anyone have either? Which would be the better doll to give (to a little girl)?

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 2:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Shopping

• I've bought a few AG dolls for my girls.. haven't seen the waldorf one.. Let me google...............................................................

From the research I completed in 5 minutes... I know it's supposed to be educational but I would not spend more than $20 on a rag doll, that's just me personally. I guess it boils down to how old the child is.

I would not recommend a AG doll for small child (5&under) or for a child that likes to play rough with their dolls. They cost $124 and with that you are just getting the doll and a couple of her accessories. The hair absolutely cannot be played with that much because it will get tangled and it's hard to untangle regardless if which doll you get.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 3:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I have never seen the waldorf doll. DD had two american girl dolls and they are very wekk made,,, the tyoe of doll you want to save and give to your daughter.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• They're both way too expensive! The American Girl dolls are about $200.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• My daughter has a couple American Girl dolls. They are very good quality and I love all the accessories. However, they are not dolls for little girls. My youngest got a Bitty Baby, which is the baby doll made by American Girl as opposed to the older looking dolls. It is much more appropriate for a young girl.
    I have never heard of the other doll you mentioned.

Answer by missanc at 6:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I have never heard of a Waldorf Doll. My daughter has an American Girl doll. She still loves her 3 years later. I would say, go with the American Girl. Soon her friends will start to get them and they will talk about them. She'll want the one that everyone has. How old is she? I wouldn't get one if she is under 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• American
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• American Girl Doll
    javagirl531

Answer by javagirl531 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Under age 8bitty baby by American girl is most appropriate. My daughter has Addy, Josephina, and Kaya with all their stuff. She also has the American Girl Today. Love them. They are beautiful.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2012

• Oh I forgot to mention my daughter is 15 and last summer her and her friends had an American Girl Party mostly they tried different hairstyles on their dolls and sewed clothes for them. I think that is it for the dolls but she has taken very good care of them and asked for a curio cabinet for her room to put the dolls in. not too long ago she said when I grow up I will let my daughter have all my Bitty Babies but kaya, josefina and Addy will be just mine. I Kandahar laughed to myself but I said, oh, we'll that seems fair.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2012

• Kinda laughed. This auto correct on iPad is killing me.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2012