Paying off Debt

Whats the best way to get my $3,000 debt paid off? Its not a lot but we want to buy a house and I need to get it cleared up. Do I pay it all off with my tax return or get a loan and just pay on the loan to establish good credit? What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• You should check out Dave Ramsey's book. He is really good at clearing debt.
    Anonymous

• I'd pay it all with your tax return and get reciepts for it all! I'd rather get it over with and start fresh!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you have extra money, pay if off. That's always the best route. Back in the day when I was single and got tax returns... I did that. Paid off all my debts with the tax return and was debt free, until next year! LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The sooner you have it cleared the sooner your credit starts looking better.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009