4-day fever

My 3 year old fractured her elbow about a month ago, she got the cast removed friday morning. When we got home she got a fever. Not minor but high, she was at 104.4 out of nowhere. Could it be because of her elbow? Ever since friday she has been getting really high fevers. I give her medicine and it will go away but then come back. The strange thing she hasnt complained about anything but her elbow.

jessi1414

Asked by jessi1414 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 104 is too high..She can get to the point of having a febrile seizure. When the body has a fever it's trying to fight off some type of infection. Call the doctors office right now and explain the situation most offices have a 24hr on call service and they will tell you what to do.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 3:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Get her checked out by her pediatrician before the holiday weekend. There could be an infection.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• You need to take her to the ER...a fever that high can be life threatening!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• call her doctor they will tell you what to do. a fever that high can be serious.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I'm usually not the "Take her to the doctor type"

But TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR! or at least call them. 104 is TOO HIGH. I even consulted my dad for this question (He's a general surgeon) and he strongly urges you to call your doc now. Especially since your giving her medicine but the fever keeps coming back.

Her body is most likely fighting an infection.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2012