Help with bad rash

I have 4 month old twins who just started on cereal. They both have this horrible rash and they cry when I change them. I also bought these new wipes with green tea and something else in them. Is it more likely from the cereal or wipes? And if it is the wipes can I rinse them out and then use them? Thanks for any help, I feel like crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's really red it's likely a yeast infection. Use canestin or another yeast infection cream, ask the pharmasist or your dr which would be best.
    Also let them have some naked time. Air works amazingly for rashes. I'd lay my kids on the floor with a towel or waterproof change pad under them. I'd leave them there as long as they would stand it and as long as they were warm.
    The wipes may sting their tiny bottoms right now. When you change them use a wet warm cloth to wipe them. Not sure if you baithe them together, but until the rash or yeast infection is cleared you may want to baithe them seperately.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• it could be a yeast infection my son just got one
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Do you have to take them in and get medicine for a yeast infection?
    Anonymous

• no but my mom did cause she got worried but they just gave her foot cream for athletes foot its over the counter and it should be 1% of the really long c word. you can just go to wallgreens or something and tell them your baby has a yeast infection and you need something
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Try Lotramin for the horrible rash, but let me suggest ABC Baby line of natural herbal products
    @ http://www.arbonne.com/products/baby/diaperRash.asp
    You can get 35% off retail price. Let me know.
    Botanic

Answer by Botanic at 1:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009