GETTING HER DRESSED!!!

I have 4 kids and I don't think this has ever been a problem for me.
I cannot seem to get my 2 year old dressed without a scene. Any advice?? This includes the pull ups. She wants to be naked at all times!!! I don't care if she runs around my house naked. It helps her to remember to use the potty chair when she doesn't have pants on. HOWEVER......when I have to go somewhere....it is damn near impossible to get the child clothed!!!!

HELP!!

johnsangel

Asked by johnsangel at 1:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My niece was a "nekkie" baby lol. My sister ended up having to keep clothes on her even in the house. It was to confusing for her. She did dresses alot :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my suggestion is to try and let her do it herself...start getting ready to leave atleast an hour befor you have to..let her pick out her own clothes and undies..maybe shes done being a baby using pullups and wnats undies like everyone else..ask her what she wants to wear and have her try and put it on herself..if she picks out hot pink pants a tutu and a neon green shirt then go with it..if she wants to wear sandles instead of tennis shoes let her..see if letter her do it helps any..good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• does she like to do opposites (you know you say no and she immediately goes against it?) it helps us sometimes to tease our kids and tell them that they cant get their clothes on and it works sometimes, and when it doesnt, well, force, arms and legs are complicated but i have it down to a science lol shirt on first and by the time they are through struggling to get the shirt on usually they are calm enough to get pants on. do you try getting them excited about where you are going?
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• we've designated a 'naked time' for around the house and that has really helped keep her need for nakedness outside of the home down to a minimum.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009