Why did my sons father!!!!

Put freaking butter on my sons chest!
My son has a really bad cold and he is teething...But butter?!?

Ugh! This is what SUCKS about being in two different households!
He took him to the doctor without my permission, and brought him home 45 min past his asked time!

Grr!

Has anyone heard of butter babies??????

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did he bring him back 45 minutes late because he was at the doctors? I don't see anything wrong with him taking him to the doctor. But the butter thing is hilarious!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• No.. that is so weird.. for the cold you can use infant vicks.. and teething you can get teething tablets they work fast and safer than the oral gel.. My son is teething right now too and thats what we use.. does your son like baths.. we give our son a bath right before bed every night and that seems to relax him.
    cheermickey

Answer by cheermickey at 1:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol butter...at least it's totally harmless. And I find it odd that he brought him back with butter on his chest if he came from the doctor's office. I see no problem with him taking him to the doc for his cold and being 45 min late because of it
    Anonymous

• No he wasnt late BECAUSE of it, AFTER the appt. he went home to put butter on him.
    I mean what the heck could butter possibly do?!?!? To help with teething OR a cold?!?
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Did you ask him why he put butter on the baby? It may be an old wive's tail. Anyway, I don't see why he can't take him to the doc if he sees the need. It is his child too. Cut him some slack or he may stop trying to help you raise this kid and there will come a day you will need him, even if he does do strange things, lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol butter! Was it garlic butter or something?! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• that's funny...i wouldnt get too upset about it. At least he took him to the doctor and was caring for him. You can't really fault him for that. I would rather him be a good daddy and be a little late than be lazy and not care and bring him back early cause he didn't want to be with him. Maybe the butter came from something in the past. When my DH is sick he soaks in rubbing alcohol and a hot bath. I thought it was pretty hilarious and weird at first but thats what him mom did when they were young ,so whatever....anyway, just talk to him about it and tell him if hes going to be late he needs to commnicate with you.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It's just really funny to me. If he meant well I would not stress. Let him know you were worried that he was late and would appreciate a phone call next time at least though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Oh you ladies dont understand, he has NEVER helped, and he only took him because his mother insisted! They are Armenian, and he said it was to help his cough?

And he took our son, without asking, to push buttons not to help!
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• but thats beside the point, butter?

Still no one has heard of this?
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2009