Leappad 1 vs. Leappad 2???

My son has an old regular explorer that quit working almost a year ago. He is 5. We still have a bunch of the games for it and was thinking about getting him a Leap pad. I know they have last years model 1 for $60 and this year's new one is $100. Is it worth a new Leappad 2 or is the original okay and save the $40???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• Do you have a fred meyers in your area? There's a deal on the leap pad 2 for 64.99 with coupon this week
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Nope, bummer. No Fred Meyers and I am not one to do Black Friday deals in stores. I will buy online but won't deal with the crowds...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• We got the LeapPad 1 for our son when we needed a replacement for his Leapster Explorer. It was junk. We took it back and was going to get another LeapPad 1 in case it was just a glitch, but that week, they had pulled all the LeapPads (1's) off the shelves as the LeapPad 2's were coming in. We opted to just get another Explorer. I don't know anyone with a LeapPad 2, but it has to be better than the 1 which kept freezing up. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Bummer! You might want to check ebay- I'm sure people will be buying them this week and trying to re-sell. I would go with the 2- I hear it's faster.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• the leap pad2 works so well my son loves it..its fun and educational. only one problem... its uses 4 double a batteries and they can run out the next day depending on its use. they sell a charger separate which cost like 40. so i bought a panasonic plug in rechargeable pack and it wrorks so well stays longer charged and cost less. 

mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 12:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2012