Does anybody have experience with hemorrhoids in toddlers. I put a post up but I'm not sure which is the best way to get some advice.

strandelli

Asked by strandelli at 2:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have never heard this. I would contact your doctor to see what the deal is.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I haven't either, i'd go to the doctors if i was you.
    Krazy-Purple

Answer by Krazy-Purple at 2:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yes it happens all the time! My doctor told us to give lax food(to help go easier) lots of apple juice some baby laxitived once a month. They say they get it because kids hold there batheroom fearful that they will miss something fun. Mine oldest went 3 days with going number 2 one time so now EVERYDAY i put her on the potty at the same time and give her the same toy, We call it the poo poo toy and she can only play with it when she is going poo poo, then if she goes all the time is is less likly to have to strain if she goes more often.
    Hope this help!
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 2:43 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The Specialist says that toddlers with hemhorroids is unusual and looked for a reason but couldn't find anything. It seems to have manifested about 6 months ago when I started trying to potty train. It could have happened because I had him sitting on the toilet but I don't remember it ever being a long period of time. My main concern now is that he complains after running around (outside) that his "butt hurts". I was wondering if this is a typical complaint for children with hemhorroids. The Pediatirican says that he may now be using this complaint for more than when his butt hurts. I've started him on a stool softener and eating more fruit so that his bowel movements will be less problematic. He has never been constipated so I guess I'm just helping things move past the "painful" areas. Thank you all for your Answers.
    strandelli

Answer by strandelli at 9:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009