my birth mother never told my many brothers and sisters that i even existed. She is now very ill. How can I prove she is my biollogical parent in ca.

kahli1948

Asked by kahli1948 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Adoption

• DNA test
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2014

• Can you offer her a coke then keep tha container and run DNA? Ha I know I watch too much TV. Can your adaptive parents release the adoption record?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• And a speedy and full recovery for your Mother
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 3:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2012

• I faced this too with my Mom's rejection and denial of me to her kept kids. I was asked by a sister, 'why should I believe you- a stranger- over my mother'? I had one sib who was willing to go to the agency with me to verify I had found the right family. CHS wanted to play MORE head games. Refused to confirm or deny directly...but bro could write a letter for them to place in my files, and then I could call and ask if there was anything new in my file. ??!? It absolved them of any accountability. Jerks
    I had held back sharing my non-Id with sibs. I finally sent them a copy and a couple of pics of myself. Her background info matched perfectly and the pics were proof in the pudding. I hope you are able to put yourself out to the sibs before moms condition worsens. My mom held back in fear of what her kids would think about her. As soon as she was confident that they still loved her, she opened up to meeting me. Good luck.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 3:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2012

• **California:┬áBirth siblings may also file waivers to be matched with the adoptee, but, in most jurisdictions, the birth parent must consent to release of identifying information if the sibling lived with the birth parent until he or she reached 18. Individual counties are given considerable freedom to interpret state adoption laws, with the effect that a number of counties release virtually all court controlled adoption records on demand of the adoptive parent and/or of the adult adoptee, with written permission of the adoptive parents. Other records practices have been recorded as well.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 3:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2012

• in my state you would have to wait till after she has passed away .Then you would need to present her obit or death certificate to an agency that has the ability to look at OBC or if it is the agency that handled the adoption provide a notarized copy of your DL also then they will contact any children she had to see if they want further contact.

I don't live in Ca. ,  this may give you a start.It should be in your state statutes.

Good Luck

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Ugh...an adoptee and his/her natural family have no filiation. Which means by law they are legal strangers and therefore unless certain provisions are in place via written order of the deceased (will) there is no inheritance.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 9:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• You could do a DNA scan but why do you need to prove it
    Unless she agrees you will have get a court order and that will take a good long while. I am assuming that she will not acknowledge you as her daughter even now? If she will and she is of sound mind then I believe all you would need is a notorized statement/ deposition by her and then registered in a court of law. If it is a matter of inheritence it could be contested unless you have DNA.

So it again comes down to why you want to PROVE it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• It was a legit question. There are many reasons one can want to prove parentage when someone is ill. what you expect to gain from the proof would change the path you would want to take to obtain it.
    Anonymous

• Talk to one of her other children you can prove she is your mother through sibling DNA . Are you that far in the talks with them?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2012