Chest pains in a 6 year old?

probably not a major cause for concern right? she told me about an hour ago that her heart hurts, and its beating fast but, like me, her pulse has always been naturally high. she carried on and then now when i put her to bed she said it hurt again, and went on to explain that when it gets excited it hurts like there's a needle in it. she is acting normal and everything.

anyone ever heard of this?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Kids' Health

• could be indigestion or heart burn...do you have any malox or tums to try and give her?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• neither, as it is uncommon for anyone in this household to get heartburn :( i have alkaseltzer but shes probably too young for that.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• My DD has terrible problems with gas and heartburn after certain meals. We have to keep tums in the house. Though usually she complains of her tummy hurting and that he 'throw up' hurts her throat. By throw up she means - she burps and spits up a little.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• If one of my kids said that I'd probably call someone and ask - we have some friends who are nurses, SIL is almost finished with school to be a women's health practitioner, and sometimes the nurses at our hospital will hand out decent advice (other than "if you're concerned, come in").
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• My friends sister had a heart attack in Kindergarten and had a heart transplant. If ANYONE is having chest pains and trouble breathing, you should call 911 or go to the ER immediately.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Well I am paranoid so I will call a doctor or take her to one. Better safe than sorry
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 6:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2012

• I agree take her to the Dr. a/s/a/p. Even if it is not a heart attack, it could be an arithmia causing the beat or rythem to be off. Gas can cause sharp pain near the chest area. See if any gas passes soon after the pain comes than subsides. If it does that is most likely it
    aem8776

Answer by aem8776 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2012