Who ARE the "anti-Christmas" people anyway?

We hear a lot about "they". "They" are taking Christ out of Christmas. "They" are ruining it for everyone. "They" are forcing companies to say Happy Holidays when they really want to say Merry Christmas.

Seem to be a lot more talk about they than examples of they. How much is real, how much is tantrums, paranoia and exaggeration?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2012 in Religious Debate

• I dunno... it is the say 'they' that is always throwing out statistics and 'good' advice?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• anyone who so much as thinks dirty un-Christian thoughts by daring to make the holiday season about anything other than Jesus. they are the anti-christmas folk.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• ironically, most of the people i hear who say, ''i hate Christmas!'' or 'i can't wait for the holidays to be over, BAH HUMBUG!'' are people who profess Christianity, or at least a basic belief in God/Jesus.
    how much is real or tantrums or otherwise? you've got me..i think people say things (on either side of the spectrum, or reason) just to talk out of their arse. drama-seekers, if you will. i say that because the response they want is of inquiry or disdain..either will let them further their rants.
    jmho.
    i love Christmas, though. lol. and not because of my faith...i love the lights and gifts and tinsel and cookies. *shrugs*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I don't know, but the Christians saying it aren't very Christian.

If I say Happy Holidays, its because I want to encompass everyone. When I spread goodwill to all, I mean it. I don't want to limit my well wishes to just those who believe what I do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I'm honestly confused by this assertion out there because I've never met anyone that fits that description. Ever. It's always a vague "those people" or "people who hate Christmas" or "people who hate religious Christmas activities", etc but I've never figures out who those "people" are.

Surely not wanting government money to pay for security for a private installation in a public area isn't considered Christmas bashing, is it?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• how much is paranoi, exargeration and tantrums? Id' say about 99.9%. LMAO!
    Happy Holidays everyone!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Not me....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I'm rather Anti-Christmas. It's the one holiday I actually HATE! But I couldn't give to shits what other people do. You want to say Merry Christmas, go for it. You want to celebrate, go for it... I couldn't care less.

The only thing I WILL say is that I do prefer for companies - especially public companies - to do their best to be neutral in their decor and greetings. It's only fair. If they're taking money from people of all faiths, and they're technically owned by people of all faiths, they should have equal respect for all faiths. And I think IF government buildings wish to decorate they should stay winter related and leave religion out of it altogether... Separation and all... Now, privately owned businesses/companies, that's a whole different story, put up a 50ft tree for all I care. But that's me, I'm not going to write nasty letters if someone disagrees.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Duh all the anti Christians. Because Christmas is a Christian holiday only and anyone who does not celebrate it the Christian way is anti Christmas.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Christians own December No other holidays are allowed... It's merry Christmas or nothing, no Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yule or any other ones I'm missing.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2012