If grandparents send money for one grandkid shouldn't they include some for the other???

I don't think I am overreacting here but maybe I am wrong. My 10 year old stepson was sent money from his grandparents BUT they did not send any for my 5 year old son- both my husband's kids so equally related...

I am really ticked off that they don't seem to treat both their grandkids fairly. I also don't think an argument that 5 year old is too young to get a little fun spending money to buy a toy or something holds up....

EDIT:  Both kids are my husband's.  One is my stepson from his previous marriage and my son that husand and I had together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• Yes they should. I hate people who play favorites between children, and if it was my kids I wouldn't allow it. Would your husband possibly say something to them about it?
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 9:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Do they send a present instead or just nothing?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• is your son their bio grandchild? i'm confused, but it seems to me they can do what they want with their monies. if their son (the dad) wants to put a stop to it, then he should. but to insist they also send your child equal gifts is crazy, IMO.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Why was he sent money good grades, birthday it all depends.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• That's just mean to purposely leave one out like that
    I'd have my husband call and tell them what you bought for BOTH of them with what they sent

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• Depends why. Birthday? Fine, as long as the other kid gets some for theirs. Christmas, other holiday, or just because? No, not okay.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• They just sent money, or what this for a birthday? For a birthday, no, they shouldn't. If it was a just because, yes, they should.
    Anonymous

• Take the money and split it between the two kids?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• These are his parents? These are both his kids? I think it is up to him to address the issue with his parents. Yes I do think it is wrong but you can not govern what someone gives .
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2012

• I would take the money and act like it was send for both of them. Your dh needs to take to his parents and tell them this is unacceptable, if they can't send for both kids then don't send any.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2012