Is there anything i can give my 2yr old she has a very runny nose?

the runny nose is the worse at nite . she is 2yrs old and wieghts between 35 and 40 lbs is there anything i can give her ?

Asked by 20tinkerbell12 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• baby vicks on her feet then cover them with socks, works wonders!

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Its it a cold or allergies?

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Vicks is supposed to be for the stuffy nose, not a runny nose. But I could be wrong..

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• No, I think your right Michigan mom. Its for stuffy noses.
    Have you tried Little Remedies brand, Little noses?

Answer by Lobelia at 1:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Ahhh thank you Lobelia! I couldn't think for life of me what it was called! But OP the "little noses" brands are great, and work real well!

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Also I use a vapor bath before bed. It will help clear it out. And if she uses a pillow prop her up a bit to keep it from draining down her throat.

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I try "little noses", baby Vicks on chest and back, feed half boiled egg in the morning (this is a home remedy my mom used to do with us), and then turn on the portable water humidifier with its Vicks drops during nap time and bedtime

Answer by cookie269 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• My dr recommends children's Benadryl but you would have to call a pediatrician for dosage

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Our LO has seasonal allergies and takes cetirizine (zyrtec) at night and that stopped his runny nose. It is prescribed by the doctor (1/2 tsp once at night), but I think you can get it over the counter as well, maybe? No cold medicine at all and I would only do the Benadryl after a dr gave me a correct dosage.

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• My son has the same thing and he is 2. I try to elevate his head and use the Vick waterless vaporizer. It seems to help a little

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2012