Is there anything i can give my 2yr old she has a very runny nose?

the runny nose is the worse at nite . she is 2yrs old and wieghts between 35 and 40 lbs is there anything i can give her ?

20tinkerbell12

Asked by 20tinkerbell12 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• baby vicks on her feet then cover them with socks, works wonders!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Its it a cold or allergies?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Vicks is supposed to be for the stuffy nose, not a runny nose. But I could be wrong..
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• No, I think your right Michigan mom. Its for stuffy noses.
    Have you tried Little Remedies brand, Little noses?
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:37 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Ahhh thank you Lobelia! I couldn't think for life of me what it was called! But OP the "little noses" brands are great, and work real well!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Also I use a vapor bath before bed. It will help clear it out. And if she uses a pillow prop her up a bit to keep it from draining down her throat.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I try "little noses", baby Vicks on chest and back, feed half boiled egg in the morning (this is a home remedy my mom used to do with us), and then turn on the portable water humidifier with its Vicks drops during nap time and bedtime
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• My dr recommends children's Benadryl but you would have to call a pediatrician for dosage

Answer by missanc at 10:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Our LO has seasonal allergies and takes cetirizine (zyrtec) at night and that stopped his runny nose. It is prescribed by the doctor (1/2 tsp once at night), but I think you can get it over the counter as well, maybe? No cold medicine at all and I would only do the Benadryl after a dr gave me a correct dosage.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• My son has the same thing and he is 2. I try to elevate his head and use the Vick waterless vaporizer. It seems to help a little
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2012