Potty training

Just found out im pregnant. Added is about to turn one on the 30th. I dont want two in diapers. I will be talking to the pedi next week but wondered when y'all started potty training

flowersmama

Asked by flowersmama at 10:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter not added
    flowersmama

Comment by flowersmama (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I waited until my kids were ready around two and a half. My youngest two are 18 months apart, so I had two in diapers. If you force it too early, before your child is ready it can back fire on you big time. Good luck.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• The youngest I started with any of my 5 was 2 and that was only because she started it - she saw her 3 yo brother on the potty and wanted to do it too. I agree that pushing before they are ready can backfire big time. I would prepare to have 2 in diapers for at least a little while.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• You cannot push a child into something they are not ready for. It will only set you up for frustration and failure. While you may not want 2 in diapers, it is what you are going to have. Most kids don't start potty training until around 2 or 2-1/2.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Yes I guess I also forgot to add she has been telling me she needs diaper changes for over 2 months. Would it hurt to set out a potty and make a game out of going to the bathroom. Im only gonna be in there a bunch anyway and im rarely alone
    flowersmama

Comment by flowersmama (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I personally think 1 is way to young to start potty training. I didnt start my kids until they were 2 yrs old
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• My daughter didn't start using the potty until this year. She is 2 and will be 3 in march.
    Launasmom3210

Answer by Launasmom3210 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2012