Potty training

Just found out im pregnant. Added is about to turn one on the 30th. I dont want two in diapers. I will be talking to the pedi next week but wondered when y'all started potty training

Asked by flowersmama at 10:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter didn't start using the potty until this year. She is 2 and will be 3 in march.

Answer by Launasmom3210 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I personally think 1 is way to young to start potty training. I didnt start my kids until they were 2 yrs old

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Yes I guess I also forgot to add she has been telling me she needs diaper changes for over 2 months. Would it hurt to set out a potty and make a game out of going to the bathroom. Im only gonna be in there a bunch anyway and im rarely alone

Comment by flowersmama (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• You cannot push a child into something they are not ready for. It will only set you up for frustration and failure. While you may not want 2 in diapers, it is what you are going to have. Most kids don't start potty training until around 2 or 2-1/2.

Answer by hootie826 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• The youngest I started with any of my 5 was 2 and that was only because she started it - she saw her 3 yo brother on the potty and wanted to do it too. I agree that pushing before they are ready can backfire big time. I would prepare to have 2 in diapers for at least a little while.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I waited until my kids were ready around two and a half. My youngest two are 18 months apart, so I had two in diapers. If you force it too early, before your child is ready it can back fire on you big time. Good luck.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• My daughter not added

Comment by flowersmama (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2012