How do you feel about parents who smoke marijuana?

I'm only talking about Marijuana not other types or drugs.

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 2:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think they are breaking the law and spending money and time being high that would be better spent with their child or on their child. I think they are irresponsible and risking alot to get high. If they got caught with it theyd lose their kids, get arrested, or have a criminal record which would make it hard to find a good paying job to give their kids things they want in life. If you want to get high do it when you dont have kids.

Answer by gemgem at 2:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't think its a big deal as long as their children are safe and taken care of!
    I don't smoke weed, because I get sooo paranoid, but I do think people's behavior when under the influence of marijuana is much more stable than when drinking-depending on the person of course.
    Anonymous

• If I knew someone was smoking pot and had kids Id wait to see when they were doing it then call the cops and send them to their house along with cps.
    Anonymous

• I think it's immature and it better not be you or Mr. Juan. I will hunt you down and email you like crazy, but, you'd like that too much :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think mostly a waste of money and energy you should be spending on your children. Plus it sets a horrible example.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I hope they are not collecting assistance and their kids are well taken care of. All the pot smokers I know are on assistance and their kids are always dirty. Seems if they can afford weed they can afford to pay their own way and buy some soap.
    Anonymous

• LMAO. Shut up Morgan!!!! Nooo it's not mee haha
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 2:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I feel sorry for the children who's lives are being impacted so negatively. I feel sorry that the parents choose somethign illegal to "deal" with life. I think they (the parents) are setting their children up to be pot heads...and are leading by a very poor example.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Completely irresponsible. I have known many parents of my kids' friends. Users are easily recognizable. The notion that marijuana is harmless is just stupid. It makes holes in your mind, like a sieve. Focus, follow-through, center... these qualities "leak out" of marijuana-smokers' minds (not their brain - their MIND). FLAKY people. Just like habitual alcohol drinkers lack the continuity of an ego-presence (you can never be sure how alcohol users'll react, or if they'll remember what they said yesterday, etc.)

Children do NOT need to have their parents disconnected from reality, or bending it slightly from being under the influence. That is crazy-making - because the child sees incidents in daily life clearly but will automatically accept what the befuddled parent is expecting or declaring which contradicts reality. A destructive setting for a child, since they are just learning how to relate to the world.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My parents always smoked pot. They were very discrete but we knew from the time we were about 15. My dad is a business man in upper management and makes over 100,000 a year, they were VERY involved parents. I bet more business men and women smoke it then you think. The only reason that we don’t smoke is because it’s illegally. But that’s not how everyone who smokes pot acts, just like some people can handle alcohol and some are alcoholics.
    Anonymous