My 2 year old keeps taking off her diaper and wont put it back on!!?? what to do?

Ok so my little girl is at that stage that she wants to potty and brush her own teeth. When she uses her potty she takes off her dieper and does her buisness and I put her dieper back on and then 10 min later shes back on the potty with NO clothes on and she doesnt do anything and keeps runing around in her birthday suit! I put it back on again and I spank her butt so she gets the idea and later on in the day she will do it again! Im down to my last hair what to do?!

dha8718

Asked by dha8718 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ditch the diapers for day time. Since she is willing to go to the potty when she needs to use it, switch her to panties or let her run bottomless. She'll be happier and you'll have less fights with her. Remember - pick your battles. Is this one really worth it? The whole point is to get her out of diapers in the day, try to remember that you are half way to that goal with her already.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Put her in some "big girl panties" that she picks out and tell her to not get them dirty. She may take pride in it
    Anonymous

• aww dont spank her shes doing the right thing like anon said buy her some panties or pull ups
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Time to potty train. She is ready! Forget the diaper. For the next few days be extremely hyper vigilant & bring her to the potty every twenty minutes. Celebrate after every time sitting on the potty. Have fun & go to the store & buy big girl underware as a reward. Accidents are ok. Good luck!
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• buy her some big girl undies and a potty chair if you have not already. my daughter is 18 months and started to do that like a month or so ago. She loves to wear her big girl undies and peeing in her potty
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 2:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• have you tried ignoring the behavior? I mean make sure she is 'on empty' before she runs around, but maybe if she doesnt get attention for it she might understand.

PS I am sure that your tactic would have to be done serveral times.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 3:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It's time to potty train her, that is her telling you she is ready, so you spanking her is NOT doing ANY GOOD!!!! Get the poor girl some big girl panties.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• ok ladies you arent reading her whole post, her daughter is potty training her, and she is spanking her for bad/unwanted/negative behavior, i did the same to my twin boys bought the underwear and did good success, and you gotta remember, sometimes little kids like to run around naked lmao another thing i think helped us is we are in home nudists so the kids are allowed to run around naked until bedtime lol and when we leave, they get diapers or underwear on, so maybe, let her be nude?
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 3:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• are you putting the diaper back on or putting on undies instead?
    i would ditch the diapers, like another mom said and go with big girl underpants instead.
    she's clearly ready to start potty training.

as far as the nakedness... my daughter did the same thing! she would take absolutely everything off in order to use the potty and then run around naked afterwards. what worked for me was to put play clothes in a drawer in her room and show her where they were. after that she would go into her room after using the potty and put on clothes, including underwear.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Do not spank, no reason for that, just give her big girl underwear and tell her they only come off when she has to go. Also show her you do not take off your clothing to go. Just do not make this into a war.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009