Undecided whether I will have more kids, should I get rid of baby stuff?

I know I don't want any more kids right now, but not sure for the future. I have tons of my sons old clothes, toys, furniture that is taking up space, but I can't seem to let it go!!

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep a few tokens and donate the rest.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I kept mine. I had my Son at 39 & I couldn't bear to get rid of anything. I assumed because of my age that he would be the one & only! Well, SURPRISE!! I had my baby daughter the day before my 44th birthday! I am using everything for her now. I saved a ton of money too. So she wears a lot of blue baby clothes around the house, so what! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:52 AM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I'd hold on to it until you decide.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I am taking it that you youngest is one or in that general area from you post. If you have the room I would wait until he is two or maybe even three. It seems right around that interval is where most people go, well gee.......
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• what if you have a girl? ;-)

i had my kids 19 years apart. i saved the books and a few other special toys and outfits from my daughter. not using the outfits for my son... but we do like the books.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I am an older mom (and now a grandmother). I am also a "tosser." However, when my babies were young, I bought good quality furniture, toys, baby stuff and kept everything that was in good shape. Twenty years later.... crib, playpen, high chair, toys and clothes all in tact and using them for grand children! If you have storage space, keep for a while - especially if you have strong feelings! You never know!
    gram1014

Answer by gram1014 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2012

• keep the expensive stuff and toss anything that is getting worn out (like clothes that got stains or worn out alot) keep a few outfits of each size and give the rest away...
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 12:44 PM on Dec. 12, 2012