Native American baby girl names....

Which do you like the best?

Aiyana (Eye-ah-nah)
Anevay (Ann-ev-ay)
Nayeli (N-eye-elly)
Nova (No-va)
Shadia (Shah-dee-ah)
Talulah (Tah-loo-lah)
Liseli (Lee-sell-ee)

NO RUDE COMMENTS PLEASE! I do not want to hear anyone's opinions about someone naming their child a different name etc... I just happen to prefer different names over traditional names. Just bypass the question is you can't handle different, thanks!

MamaScho88

Asked by MamaScho88 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Baby Names

• FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• BTW, NONE of these sound Native at all.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• You want something strong and dignified, go for it. Don't name her anything on that list, please. See picture above for why.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Common = Employable.

If you're actually Native, look up your tribe and go from there.

Having a douchey name doesn't make your child a special snowflake, it means that you've set them up for failure.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I'm really sorry I dont know how to pronounce any but Nova, which I think is cute
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I like Talulah.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Unless you live in a high-Indian population, these names are going to be an obstacle. Different isn't always a good thing. I'd rather my child stood out for his personality and talents rather than his weird name.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Good thing you listed some because "Pochahontas" was the only name that came to mind. Out of your list though, I like Nayeli.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I would research names in your tribe and see which traditional ones have been passed down. Half my family is native and the last two girls born were Andrea and Anna.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Get over yourself people! Common does NOT equal employable. Uncommon is the new common and these children as they get older will be the "normal".

To the OP my daughter is Aeneva (Ah-knee-va) which I am told is Cherokee (not Native American by blood just liked the name) and it fits her perfectly. Of the ones you listed I like Aiyana (have heard before) and Nova.

If you or SO are Native American then I would research your heritage and choose something from that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2012