What would you do if you found drugs in your kids room?

TamaraKay

Asked by TamaraKay at 2:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Just sit down and have a long talk and get him some help before it does get worse. Also if they have friends that do drugs talk to them to. And you do need to keep a closer eye on them, they may have a lot of free time.
    Parents make a big mistake when their kids enter their teens and that is they back off and you should get closer and keep them busy.
    good luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Call the police. I did that to my X step daughter...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• kick their ass
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree with jodi205. But that won't really get you anywhere, I would say just talk to them.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 2:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• first incident,....talk. how long have they been using, whered they get it, the effects on the body, why they chose to use to begin with, etc
    second time,...beat his/her ass all the way to the poilce station or juvenille hall.
    Thats just my opinion though.
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Take it, show them you found it and talk about it. OR tell them you found it then ground them for a month.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would kill them. No my mom found drugs in my brothers room and had her "cop" friend take him to jail for a few hours. It seemed to work
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 2:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I did it backwards - 1st time police - boys home, only because I refused to take him home cause of "attitude".
    2nd time - kind of numb right now, although we did sit and have a very good talk.
    TamaraKay

Answer by TamaraKay at 2:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i would take them and lay them on there bed and when they got home walk in behind them see there reaction and then call a officer to come to your house so you can have your child tell them where they got it from and then go from there
    Anonymous

• i'm going through it now regularly with a teenager who has a serious drug problem. first time I would talk to them and give them a chance. set clear and distinct boundaries - tell them exactly what will happen the next time and then if it happens again do exactly what you said you would do. for me it ended up that i had to turn him into the law before he got it. whatever you do dont scream and yell that will get you no where and most certainly will make the situation worse and will cause them to become sneakier. calmly and firmly explain the family rule of no drugs and follow through. if you dont follow through it will not stop. dont expect them to tell you the truth on where they got it or how often they have done it. if its in their room its def more than once.
    WinnieM

Answer by WinnieM at 2:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009