items that are a must.

so i know i need a crib, carseat, diapers, clothes and whipes that sort of thing but what are some other items that i need for new baby?
sorry i know it sounds silly but we are so close and im afraid i might forget something.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• butt paste lol it's a type of diaper rash ointment that works wonders
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• A definite: the book "What to Expect your child's first year" (I think that's what it was called). Make sure you know how to put your car seat in BEFORE you go to the hospital. My kids loved a "bouncy seat" and it's always the baby shower present I buy for my friends. It was a necessity in our house! The babies can be in it even in their first week, and will use for many, many months. Make sure you have 4-5 crib sheets. You'll sometimes use more than 2 in a night, and it's nice to not have to launder at 4 a.m. Good luck!

imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I couldn't have lived without our swing, boppy, mobile, monitor, and yes, butt paste works wonders!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• ya see i told you :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you need a baby bath... baby lotion, baby nail clippers, burp clothes and lots of them. They also have gloves that you can put on new born babies to help them from scratching there face. Oh and I know that you have diapers, but you need ALOT of diapers for the first few weeks your baby will not have a solid poo and so have diapers and a small tub to give your baby a sponge bath. Until the umbilical cord falls off... you also need alcohol to clean around the cord until it falls off
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 2:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• bibs and stain remover
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 2:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• gripe water will work wonders if baby is collicky or gassy and you dont know what else to do to calm him/her. its all natural and it tastes like black licorice. my son loved it!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i could not have lived without a ton of receiving blankets. they were great for swaddling obviously but made excellent burp rags as well. if you are breastfeeding make sure you have nursing pads. lots of little hats and onesies, that's about all they wear for awhile under some jammies. Good luck and congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• baby411 book..saves time when having to ask questions here... and you need it in a pinch...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009