My daughter had strep throat this past week. The doctors office will be closed tomorrow because its Thanksgiving. Is there anybody out there that can tell me what I can give her in the time being? She is 2 and potty trained and she keeps telling me her but hurts. My husband and I put Balmax on the rash but the rash looks like its chapping, and she keeps holding herself. If anybody out there can give me an answer it would be greatly appreciated

Launasmom3210

Asked by Launasmom3210 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I guess the Pediatrician gave her an antibiotic that is giving her diarrhea? Most Dr.'s have a covering Dr. for emergencies. If she is very uncomfortable then give the answering service a call for the covering Dr. to give you a call back.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I would give them a bath, made sure the soap was rinsed off well, and then dried off well and put on A&D ointment, or just plain vasoline right before bed. Then back up and in the tub in the morning, and more ointment. Make sure to keep her skin clean, and dry.
    Hope she's feeling better soon....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I'm with ILovemyPaulie and I am going to assume she has been on antibiotics. There are several things you can do right now for the rash. You can give her a bath and put baking soda in the water. When done, do not rub the area dry, but pat it dry. You can then put a zinc oxide cream on it

BUT--please call the emergency line and talk to a doctor, if the rash is severe, it could be a negative reaction and he/she should know about it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Corn starch place corn starch on it this will help it until you get to the doctor.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Thank You everybody for you great answers. The doctor put her on these antibiotics once before and she had thrush, this time the yeast infection is on her bum...Should I still be putting cream on it...?

I'm sorry I didn't say she had a yeast infection in my question.
    Launasmom3210

Comment by Launasmom3210 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Yes the doctor's office is closed tomorrow, but the hospital emergency room is not. If it is that bad, why let her suffer until normal office hours? Walgreens is open tomorrow too if you get a prescription. If it is in fact a yeast infection, you can put monistat on it. Call your doctor first though. Pediatricians do expect you to call them. Even if it is a holiday they should have someone on call.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• Oo Gee thanks 2auticticsmom!!

But my daughter is not suffering in anyway! It's not like she is running around screaming that she is in pain all day. She only tells me her bum hurts when I am cleaning her up after she done using the potty, and no kidding the ER is open everyday all day, but I'm not going to rush her to the hospital if I can go up to the grocery store and get her some cream.
    Launasmom3210

Comment by Launasmom3210 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• If it is a yeast infection, you can try putting PLAIN yogurt on externally like a cream. Don't used sweetened or flavored because the yeast just feeds on the sugars, but plain only.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• If it is just a rash, try silvadine (sp?) burn cream
    Amanda0712

Answer by Amanda0712 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• wash her bum after every pee/poop. I used to put Polysporin on my kids's bottoms when it was really bad. Works like a charm.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2012