My turkeys almost done lol what about you? Help also needed.

So I'm terrified of cleaning out turkeys so my granney bought me one and cleaned it out and seasoned it. I took it home around 5 and put in around 6 . I now have 4-5hrs left to cook. I was scared of putting it back in the fridge still raw after its been in grandmas fridge seasoned for 2days and I drove an hr home with it. I was scared of bacteria since its been raw so long uncovered. Anyway right now I have the oven at 325, should I lower it to slow cook through the night or fully cook it now and put in fridge then reheat tomorrow?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2012 in Food & Drink

• i'm sure someone will come along and answer your query.

i, on the other hand, bought a a breast to roast, since its just the three of us. the dressing is made, the dessert, and i only need to make homemade mac&cheese for the ds..you don't need a lot when its only 3 people.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• good grief- what time are y'all eating?
    why not toss is in the icebox til tomorrow and cook it then?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• its too late to coook it tomorrow! I know this is a big mistake.. hopefully we'll eat earlier than planned. Ive also been reading on cooking a turkey the day before and reading the usdas guide on reheating it the next day.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• I think you can cook @ 325 then reheat tomorrow maybe cook covered and then put in oven at 325 for an hour Covered tomorrow and then uncover and cook at 450 uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes. Ii think this is how you do it. Look on America's test kitchen they had a show about this
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• thanks so much booklover..
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• If you've already cooked your turkey and want to Preheat it tomorrow, just cover tightly and put in 325 oven, bake for 11/2-2 hours. Everything will be just fine :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2012

• It turned out good- not great but good. I was suppos to keep it for an hr and I feel as sleep so it got a little overcooked. but thankfully it was not dry. Oh goodness, my turkey last year was soooooo dry .. no one touched it! lol. This is my second turkey and i think it came out good.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2012