Nikon coolpix

is anyone able to share any information on the quality of this camera? i have wanted a nikon for like the past 6 years, and i finally got one tonight from a great online BF deal. im super excited! i just hope that since it's one of the cheaper ones, the quality is still amazing. like, catches every bead of water kind of amazing that ive seen on the $400+ nikons.

if not, shrug, still gonna be a proud owner of a nikon, and itll be a cute little starter nikon til i can afford a pro. and in any case, it's gotta be better than the piece of crap samsung digital i have now that recently took a crap on me.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2012 in Technology

• They're okay. I don't like the camera itself but if you know how to take a picture, they print out nicely.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• Depends. It wont be like a dslr. I got a coolpix two years ago and it ruined Christmas with all blurry pictures. I am sure hours will be better.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• Lol. Yours. I would buy another one. What was your deal? The 99 dollar one?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• yes it was the $99, the s3300. i looked on the nikon website just now at the sample images, they looked pretty good.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• holy crap, they have some that are like 5,000 bucks. christ.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• Lol yes they get up there. If you have seen some of the pics I have posted they are from a nikon d60. I like the nikon name.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• My husband and I have been through countless cameras. He uses them for work and destroys them, so he buys a new point and shoot about every other month. For him, we've had Nikon, Canon, Sony, Kodak, and one Fuji. I have had two Nikon SLRs. I really like Nikon best, of any kind. The pictures tend to come out better. The only issue I have with the point and shoot Nikons is the same issue I have with all point and shoot cameras, that it's hard to sharply photograph a moving target. I still say the Nikons are better. Congrats on the new camera!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• I like mine. I've had it for a while but if I wanted a new camera I'd buy another one.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• We've had some coolpix cameras in the past and really liked them and their quality. The last one we had didn't like being dropped down the stairs and quit working. DH decided to try a Fuji, that sucker was horrible. The first one died 2 weeks after we got it, and the replacement died 11 months after that. Now we pretty much use our iPhones.

DS1 has a coolpix and LOVES it. It's fancier than our old ones were and takes nice shots. He took it with us when we traveled overseas last summer. He had a blast with it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2012

• I have a Nikon Coolpix P510 and absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Here are just a few I've taken with it...

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2012