Shocked in a good way

I had my daughter 2 weeks ago and she has no food allergies. My son was allergic to milk and soy proteins,almonds,strawberries and coconut as well as congentially lactose intolerant, all of these from birth. I couldn't nurse him because he didn't have enough lactase and believe me I tried till he started bleeding from his intestines because nobody would believe me. But the baby I've been prepping to go through more problems with because she's only been on the bottle has no issues. In a few more months when she makes it to 6lbs we're supposed to move to the blue can Similac(she was a preemie so we've been on Neosure). I've never bought or really used the blue can Similac before and the thought of buying it is really weird. I'm like scared to buy it because I've hardly looked at it before. I never really thought of it as a possibility for my children considering that my Husband and I are very allergic people coming from highly allergic families.

Has anybody else had their kids be THIS different? Had one kid in the family seem to catch it all and the others are fine?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2012 in General Parenting

• My best friends son is allergic to milk ( truly allergic- not intolerant) and nuts, especially peanuts... her other two kids? No allergies at all. In fact he is the only person int he whole family with allergies.

A friend of mine is allergic to selfish. citrus, nuts and is lactose intolerant. His brother has no allergies. allergies do run through his family but not ALL of them at once.

So I don't know if it is normal or not but in my limited experience- it seems siblings fairly possible for not all the children to have allergies. However I completely understand you hesitance! After that experience I would be too!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2012