Im twenty two weeks preg and just started getting dizzy spells, they do not last but about 5 seconds but i have to grip on to something just to stay on my feet! My doctor really didnt seem worried, Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you eating properly? Because when i didn't eat i got dizzy too.
    Anonymous

• it happened tome a lot during my last pregnancy, and it happened to day too. i do think it has something to do with how much or what you are eating, but also how fast you get up if you've been sitting or laying down. my doc wasn't surprised either when i brought it up, and he told me to keep hydrated, keep snacks on me at all times so i wouldn't get too hungry, and take it easy getting up.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Im twenty-two weeks to and I get the same dizzy spell to but when I lay down to fast and when Im eating way to much sweets get up to fast and when Im hungry. so I agree with mamalala396.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Unfortunately, this is one of the scariest symptoms of some pregnancies but usually nothing to be worried about. I actually passed out once (FREAK ME OUT!) but the docs were not concerned at all.

Here's what helped me:

1. Getting a good night's sleep.
    2. Standing/sitting up s..l..o..w..l..y.
    3. Drinking a LOT of water.
    4. Eating plenty of protein.
    5. Always having a bottle of water and high protein snack with me. ALWAYS.

Hope this helps, best of luck to you Mama!
    Sarena83

Answer by Sarena83 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009