Should I feel like this ?

I'm not sure if I am wrong for feeling this way, but I have a 2 year old little girl and a younger sister who is 6. My younger sister will play with my daughter anytime we go over to visit, but my problem is my uncle will bring his gf over with her daughter and as soon as that other little girl comes over my sister wants nothing to do with my daughter. It upsets me to no end to see my little sister just ditch my daughter all because this other little girl does not want to play with her. And she see's this other little girl more then she see's my daughter..

Should I be upset or am I just over thinking it?

Launasmom3210

Asked by Launasmom3210 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2012 in General Parenting

• Is the Uncle's gf's child the same age or closer to her age as your sister? Maybe this could be the reason she likes playing with her if not than do not worry about it, your daughter can still play with her when the other child is not there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• Over thinking it. Little kids are like that, and if the additional girl is the same age or older than your little sis that is the answer. If you want, try to engage the three kids in a game that your 2yo can participate in and the older kids can share their "expertise" like rolling a ball between you all etc.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• You are over thinking.... it's totally normal for little girls to be this way. Is she more her age? Don't take it personally. Now is the time where your reactions will reflect the way you will respond to this every time it happens (and trust me, it will- over and over again) in your daughter's lifetime. You just need to get her interested in something else.... but do not make a big deal about it. You don't want to show that this bothers you in any way in front of your child.

(been there, done that many times)... It's hard as a mom, I know. It happened to me many times when I was younger playing with my cousins.... It's also happened many times to my own children.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• I think you are overthinking this, especially if the other little girl is the same age as your sister. Makes sense that she would rather play with a child her age vs a toddler. It happens. Try and distract your daughter. Or ask the girls to play something she can play too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• Is the other little girl closer to your sister's age?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• It is normal for that to happen especially if the gf daughter is closer to your sisters age or older, it is always cool to play with the older kids, plus since she spends more time with the gf daughter they have a stronger bond... I would try to visit at other times so your daughter isn't left out or try to come up with something for all of them to do together that the other 2 would enjoy!
    MyPunkinPickle

Answer by MyPunkinPickle at 7:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2012