Is there something wrong with me?

After I had my daughter I went on the depo shot. I was on the depo shot for almost a year and got off it 2 years ago. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant but every month it just doesn't happen. Is there something wrong with me or did the depo shot ruin any chance of ever conceiving again??

Launasmom3210

Asked by Launasmom3210 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont think anything is wrong with you, just relax and have fun trying in due time you bundle of joy will arise. I just got off the depo after my son was born and is actively trying now as well. I just rather not stress over it and know when God is ready I am too. Maybe try going to the a fertility doctor to check you and your husband's baby maker tools just to be on the safe side to make sure everything is well!!

Good luck and God Bless!!
    ~NKJ
    Nakemsmommy513

Answer by Nakemsmommy513 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• I'd be checked out and then send dh to the dr as well. A lot of people will tell you to "just relax" or "you're trying to hard" which just wears down on you and making love becomes horrible. Been there done that. Found out that my ex's sperm count was basically zilch. It relieved me more then just trying to relax. If after 2 year I'd say something is going on with one of you.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• I will go and get myself check just to be sure nothing is wrong with you
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 4:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• Not likely from the deop. Not after two years. Yes, get seen. In the meantime, pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. You'll learn how to track your cycles to know when you are ovulating. Frequently the problem is all a matter of timing.

And get your husband checked too. That's the problem as often as not.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• Depo really fucks with your hormones. I was on it for 4.5 years. I've now been off of it for 16 months and still haven't conceived. It can take up to 18 months to conceive after stopping the shot, on average.

I would think, after 2 years, it might be time to talk with your/an OB about any possible problems conceiving.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• Rosehawk is correct, it can take a long time after stopping the depo shot to become pregnant. 18 months is the average time; many women experience longer times.. I would get checked.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2012

• any BC can cause issues if you were on it long. i know i was on NuvaRing for over a year + pill BC before that since i was 16 and am having trouble TTC. what i started doing is tracking ovulation through a microscope (yes, sounds weird but does work) you take a sample of saliva from your mouth when you first wake up, let it dry on the scope, then look to see if there is any "fernning"(when it looks like snowflakes) if there is you are ovulating! i wish i knew this years ago!

here is the site:
    http://www.fertile-focus.com/?_s_ref=HfGftt8gS&kw=%22fertility%20scope%22&creative=11707916185&gclid=CKi0toC17bMCFcXb4AodEmcARg

best money i spent, at-least i know that im ovulating! i'm on my 2nd month using this, last month i miscarried. good luck!
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2012