Is it ok to send your child to grandparents.

Im sending my daughter to my parents for a week and im so NERVOUS we have never been apart is this something that lots of couples do ?????

annieb83

Asked by annieb83 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I do it all the time. My kids go every weekend to my inlaws and in the summer they go for two or three weeks at a time.

Answer by gemgem at 3:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my son goes to his grandparents house on the weekends all the time. he loves going over there. hes now 7 but hes been doing this since he was just a baby. Our next baby due in april will soon be big enough to join his brother.
    Anonymous

• Its is perfectly fine, as long as you can trust who they are going with I have five children. I only trust them to my parents and sisters which they go and visit alot . They will be fine sometimes they miss you so much when there gone that they give you so much love when they get back, and its the greatest feeling ever.
    bt_halpain

Answer by bt_halpain at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i would if my mom and dad were here never at my inlaws no matter how much i would love to spend some time alone with my husband. seemd unfair but i have my reasons
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Oh ya 4sure. My daughter goes to my moms every weekend. Ya of course i miss her but it's good for me and her. as mothers we need to keep our sanity and that's how i keep mine lol. plus she really enjoys it over there and my mom also
    luv4adrianna

Answer by luv4adrianna at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think it's perfectly fine! Just as much as you get burned out on being 'mom' all the time, kids get tired of seeing mom and dad every day too. It's a good way for everyone to recharge their batteries and get some different attention. Enjoy it!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 9:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my daughter is 4 and she spends 2-3 night at grandma & grandpa's, or night at nana& papa's (they can't handle more than 1 night). my son is 7 months and will start staying over around 18 months.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 10:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• when my son was 14 months he had to spend a week at his grandparrents house it was horrible for me i was so worried the whole time and he came to see me 3 times during the week (i was in the hospital after surgery) but he was fine he loved it he got spoiled all week so trust me u will be upset but ur child will be fine
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 3:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009