Leapfrog Leap Pad (1 or 2) or Vtech Innotab (1 or 2)?

Any experiences on any of these systems? Pros & cons? We have a Leapster Explorer and the advantage of the Leap Pad is that we could continue to use the same game cartridges. However, if we buy a Innotab for our 5 y/o, then our LO could continue to use the Leapster Explorer without upgrading to another system for the same games. They are all new to LO, but I think that our 5 y/o is bored of these Leapster games. We've had it 2 years already. Advice?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 7:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you're going to go with version one get the leap pad.. with this version leap pad offers a lot more things then the inno..

With version 2 I think it's a matter of personal choice.. Both system do and have basically the same thing. Rotating camera, comes with wi-fi and so on. The quality of pictures taken on the Inno Tab are not as good as the Leap Pad, but they are not bad. The Leap Pad also has more memory.

MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 12:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• My son has the innotab1 and loves it. A relativ offered to buy him innotab2 I said ok because it looks like it has many more fun features. You can take old programs from 1 and up load it to 2.
    aem8776

Answer by aem8776 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2012