Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Restraining Order? adult content

I was on Ventrilo (online thing SO and I use to talk to friends) and a friend of SO and I starts freaking out about this item in game that he thinks I moved. He starts going off the deep end calling me a stupid bitch and shouting fuck you cunt. When one of our other friends tried to intervene he told him he would go to his house, abduct his 9 yo niece, and anal rape her until she bled. Later, when I had him muted and didn't even know he was still connected I said if I found his item I'd sooner throw it away than give it to him with the way he was behaving and he said if I did he would come to my house and break my nose. I don't even know all the things he said during his hour+ rant because after a little while of being screamed at I muted him, walked away for a bit, then came back at which point I thought he had left.

So this guy has completely lost it! Honestly with some of the things he has done in his life I knew all along he was not quite right but it has never been shoved in my face like this. He and SO have known each other for years but, even though I only met him in person maybe twice, I felt like we had become friends. Mistake and a half. Frankly right now this guy has me rather freaked out.

Is there anyway I can get some sort of restraining order on him for threatening me? I don't have any proof other than my word and the word of the other person who was online. Tonight's explosion has shown me how dangerous he really is and I want the right to call the police if he comes anywhere near my family. Is what he said enough to even get me anywhere?

Answer Question

Asked by Nicky2911 at 3:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2012 in Relationships

Level 8 (257 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • Are there other witnesses to what he said? This guy sounds unstable, to say the very least. Seems to me like he could get charges for threatening to kidnap/rap a child! WTF!? I'd be less worried about my nose and more worried about the safety of children anywhere near this guy. I'd file a report, especially if you can get other witnesses to sign statements. Crazy!

    Answer by Kword at 3:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • Cyber bullying maybe?
    In either case, you are an adult. Stop playing games.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • I certainly am concerned about his niece. I don't know what they plan to do, honestly, he left the Ventrilo a bit later and didn't come back. The thing that really scares me about it that would make me look for a restraining order is I have a daughter too. She is almost 2 and he knows we have her and that the only thing that really upsets me is when people say/do mean things to my kid. He seems to escalate whenever he feels his actions or words are not producing enough of a response (as he did tonight) and like I said he has me rather freaked out. He went completely bat-shit crazy!


    Comment by Nicky2911 (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • Does this guy live near you? I would file a report and cut off all contact (including the game). That's not something I would even take for chance.

    Answer by Kword at 3:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • No thankfully... he lives about an 18 hour drive from us which is why we are using Ventrilo. He has stayed with SO's family for a time, though, and we even visited him over a weekend when I was pregnant and on the way to see my mother. He knows right where we live, what we (including dd) look like, even what gym I just got a membership to. I can't sleep now because he just sounded so... well the term you used was perfect... unstable. I've unfriended him from facebook, will be keeping his number in my phone just so I don't ever accidentally answer a call or respond to a text, and the other friends and I are already talking about finding a different game (it was a group thing for us to sit and play after all the kids were in bed). Honestly a restraining order is the only other thing I could think of not that it would do much good if he tried something... what are you supposed to do throw the paper at them?


    Comment by Nicky2911 (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • Call the police, They will handle this. All the evidence is still there since you used a computer. He threatened to physically harm a child. He'll be arrested.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • The comment about raping his niece is disturbing. Please call ChildHelp and report this.

    1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)

    This is a national number.

    Answer by layh41407 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • At least try to contact authorities. Even if they can't help you, your contact will be documented. Keep your eyes open and your doors locked!

    Answer by tessiedawg at 12:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • You should report it because the man is a threat to someone, even if its not you (due to distance) and this should be documented. You wont get a restraining order because those are granted between two people who had shared an intimate relationship. But the authorities need toknow what he said about the child particularly....

    Answer by Nimue930 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

  • There is a crime called Terroristic Threatening but not all states have it. I have heard that if threats are made online you contact the FBI, not local law enforcement which would limit your chances of a local restraining order. However, let's not leave this to speculation. Call the FBI and ask the experts. See what you can do. They would know.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.