We were out and my inlaw tryed to feed my daughter as soon as she woke up, i think she was still half asleep. My daughter fell asleep on our way home. She woke up gagging and threw up. Now im up because she wakes up crying and i tale her to the RR and just gags but doesnt throw up. She i take her to the ER or wait till morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM .YOU SHOULD TAKE HER JUST TO BE SURE EVERY THING IS OKAY.WHEN I DIDNT GO IT GOT WORST!!
    HOTMAMA723

Answer by HOTMAMA723 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• Why take her to the ER? It's for emergencies, and while it feels horrible and out of control, this is something that you call the pediatrician about. They have a doctor on call who will help you and say when the ER the best option.

In the meantime, give her small sips of water, a tablespoon every 15 minutes. If she cannot ke that down, call the doctor.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• This sounds like a tummy bug and your inlaws may well be innocent :) You never know what she put in her mouth. I fthere's no fever I don't think it's worth taking her to the ER - she's liable to pick up more than she already has. Be patient and keep her hydrated.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• How old is this LO? What did the inlaws feed her..?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• Dry heaves is rarely a need for the er. This sounds like a bug to me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• Why would you take her to the ER???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• Little ones can dehydrate quickly. If she can't keep small sips of water or Pedialyte down, then she may need to go just to have an IV for a little while. It's probably just a tummy bug, so I wouldn't get overly concerned. Hope she gets better soon. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• She doesnt have a fever she falls asleep, and all of a sudden wakes up so i run to take her to the restroom, she doesnt complain of any pain either. So i dont know if i should just wait or take her to the ER. Shell throw up then asks for water, lays down then when she needs to throw up, she throws it up
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• If she has a high fever or is in pain take her to the ER.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2012